No one enjoys a life that just doesn’t work. People come to counseling usually because they want something in their life to change, for it to just be better. When we work together, I respect your need for change and I will work with you to find a way to make a difference in your life.
One of the most powerful aspects of counseling is the working relationship that we develop. I am not interested in being your judge or jury; rather I will help you find workable options for you to make your wanted changes.
Some of my past experiences include:
- Parenting Seminars
- Counseling with parents
- Adolescent and child counseling
- Inpatient and outpatient counseling
- Collaboration with Judges, Police, Juvenile Court System, & Probation officers
- Special Education Teacher for more than 15 years
- Hospital Psychiatric Social Worker on a psychiatric unit
- Emergency Room Psychiatric Social Worker
- Issues related to parenting, step- parenting, parent relationship
- Improving adolescent and parent relationships
- Guidance in school-related issues (behavior, special education, special needs students, defiance issues, and bullying)
- Improving anger management with both adults and children
- Offering coping skills and guidance for stress-related issues
- Depression in parents or adolescents
- Coping with loss
- Child/Adolescent special health needs
- Individual and couples therapy
- Life Coach and counseling for teachers
FEES: My rates are $90.00 per 50 minute session, with the first session rate of $130.00. I do have a sliding scale fee; please call for availability. I do take some insurance plans, please call so that we can discuss your insurance coverage.
I know that it can be difficult deciding upon a therapist for help. Therefore, I am offering a free, brief initial 15 minute phone consultation to help you in considering if I am the right therapist for you.